Atheism I'm a christian, why did u guys even make this spot?

whitelion posted on Oct 12, 2009 at 05:53PM
this spot has no point at all u guys just make fun of god, that's wrong, why do u guys amuse youselves in this way?
 this spot has no point at all u guys just make fun of god, that's wrong, why do u guys amuse youselve

Atheism 27 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Le-Magnifique said…
We don't make fun of god. We make fun of people that accept everything as fact without thinking. If you look around then you realize that theres not much proof. This spot is a celebration of science and logic rather than faith.

"Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits."
一年多以前 whitelion said…
sunny
we do think before we accept anything as fact, no one relies on science and logic when the plane starts to uncontrollably shake.
一年多以前 adavila said…
well Im an atheist (southern accent) and I didnt join this spot to make fun of god I joinned this spot because... well... Im an atheist
一年多以前 whitelion said…
sunny
well there sure is a lot of jokes about god, and christians, and jesus.
一年多以前 adavila said…
FREEDOM
一年多以前 xgirl101 said…
angry
Our world is made up of so many different types, and If the person with lion can't accept this well may... may.... Whatever just accept we believe in no god it was all a random space accident! Didn't you pay attention in science class! (Sorry if i offend you lion but still.) Why SO prejudice? And those joke are funny, Live with it. You need to larn how to take a joke!
Rainshadow999 commented…
Problems... 一年多以前
一年多以前 brittlegirl94 said…
hmmm
We, like you, have our own opinions about life and a higher power. Just because your "religions" are much more popular does NOT mean that we are wrong, or full of BS. Yes, our jokes may be imature, but even if they are not that is no reason to come to our spot, post a forum and question what we believe in. Please be the better person and stop being rude. We don't mean nor want to offend you, we are just believing what we feel is right!
smile
"no one relies on science and logic when the plane starts to uncontrollably shake."....let me stop you right there.

if my plane starts to shake i'd rather have one mechanic trying to fix it rather than 1000 people praying that wen it crashes we go to heaven.
一年多以前 whitelion said…
sunny
“The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God.”-Psalm 14:1

and by the way brittlegirl94 i'm not trying to be rude, i'm trying to understand.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

...well since we're going to use quotes
一年多以前 misanthrope86 said…
smile
I can't believe I missed this!

No one on this spot maliciously makes fun of God or who/whatever here. Yes, we make jokes, but none of them are out of line. If you are a Christian, then yeah, you may be offended by some of the stuff here, but I guess that is why you are a Christian and not an Atheist. This spot was created for the same reasons as the Christianity spot, and spots for other religions and worldviews: because we want to celebrate and share our perspective.

So, we are "amusing" ourselves in exactly the same way a Christians (and others) do.

For the most part, the other Christian Fanpoppers that have engaged with us in this spot have been very respectful, but I'm afraid that you approach, however well-meaning, is quite offensive. For example, quoting "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God", is essentially calling us fools because we do not share your beliefs. And I might point out the absurdity of quoting such phrases to a bunch of ATHEISTS is a terrible way to debate with us, as for many of us, those words have no significance, meaning or even value.

So I appreciate that you may be trying to understand us. So try looking at it from the same perspective as your Christianity.
一年多以前 Mephadowfangirl said…
smile
You guys are being mean. I respect, whitelion, that you are a Christian, and everyone else has to stop being so cold about it. We all have our own beliefs and we should JUST ACCEPT IT! Religion is not a crime, neither is Atheism. We are all equal, no matter what we believe. Hey, just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I have morals.
一年多以前 Mephadowfangirl said…
Correction: doesn't mean I don't have morals.
smile
Wait, you think we are being mean to whitelion?! LOL! Then I must have the wrong end of the stick.

I have no problem with whitelion being a Christian, and I have no problem with him being here as long as he is respectful. So far, whitelion has belittled Atheism (but telling us to "amuse" ourselves in other ways and by saying that the Atheism spot is not a valid spot) and has called Atheist's fools (through his quotation of the phrase "“The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God.”-Psalm 14:1"). As far as I can see, on one here has said anything against Christianity. The only negative comments have been directed at whitelion for coming to this spot to tell us that we are in the wrong for being Atheists and that we do not deserve this spot.

Hopefully whitelion will respond again on this forum, because I would love to know if he sees our point of view. Not the Atheist point of view, but the tolerance point of view.
一年多以前 princesslullaby said…
TROLLLLLLLLLLLL
一年多以前 kmcdp said…
rainy
you know how cops and firefighters use dark humor to cope with the stress of their jobs? well, this spot is similar. it is incredibly difficult to go from the brainwashing of christianity to the truth of atheism. our little immature jokes are just a way of coping, and of making life a little easier.
一年多以前 whitelion said…
i did'nt mean to make u guys angry, which i see i unintentionaly did, i'll try to be more respectfull, as long as u return the favor
一年多以前 whitelion said…
and thanks Mephadowfangirl
smile
Absolutely whitelion. But please understand that you called us fools and implied that your beliefs were wrong, which is why people reacted to you with anger. So you have to earn that respect back.
一年多以前 whitelion said…
sure thing
heart
Coolies!
一年多以前 whitelion said…
smile
thanks,i will leave u guys in peace
一年多以前 mooimafish17 said…
What a pleasant chat we've all had today.
一年多以前 Rainshadow999 said…
laugh
Heheh, I believe in God, that doesn't mean I can't make fun of him.
一年多以前 TARDIS-Granger said…
its the religion of not haveing a religion.wtf?
一年多以前 SELI-chan said…
Do you think Doctor Who is a religion? 'Cause then that's the only religion I'm in...
一年多以前 SELI-chan said…
No, sorry. TARIDS-Granger, and other Whovians, you'll like this but...I am not amused