天使 Not Fade Away *Spoilers*

amazondebs posted on Mar 02, 2008 at 08:32AM
did any one else think the end episode was a little disappointing? i mean don't get me wrong, it was a absolutely brilliant episode up until the end but it was almost as though they could not think of a good way to end it so they left it with a open ending

just wondering what everyone else thinks?

天使 16 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 buffyfan said…
no, i quite liked it because it left it open for the comics
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
yes but they didn't know they were doing te comics then

and buffy wasn't open but the comics still work
一年多以前 NikaDawson said…
I was pissed that they left it like that actually.

Though I read online that Amy Acker said Gunn was always suppose to be a vampire, and that James thought that Spike and Illyria might have started some sort of relationship.

Oh, and that David Fury pitched an idea to Joss where Spike get's the shanshu because Angel gives it to him, and then Spike goes back to Buffy because David Fury felt that Buffy was in love with Spike by season seven.
一年多以前 scififan said…
well spuffy fans are supposed to say that... :) I dunno...I have mixed feelings. I loved the last show, I thought Angel really went out with a bang. But at the same time, I wanted more. I wanted a definate conclusion (mainly cuz I don't read the comics)
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
nika where do you get all this exclusive stuff from?
一年多以前 NikaDawson said…
I go to a lot of different forums and pick it up from other fans, lol. Or from Wikipedia. Other sites, mainly just browsing and remembering it all, lol. Brian Lynch has said that Gunn was always suppose to be a vampire, and that Amy Acker spilled that in 2005. Most I hear about in other Spuffy forums.

James Marsters also mentioned he thought that Illyria and Spike would have had a relationship if there had been a season six, apparently he said that to Amy and that was mentioned in Wikipedia. Though I don't use that one much since fans can edit the articles to suit what they want.

The David Fury one I got from a Spuffy quotes site, lol. Can you tell what I spend my time doing on the computer? I use to be really big in the Harry Potter fandom, but now I barely spend any time in it, Buffy fandom has taken over my life for the past few years, lol. It's an addiction! My best friend keeps saying one of these days she's going to drag me away from my computer by my hair!

I remember Joss also did this little joke ending for Angel before they knew that there were going to be comics in which Angel looses an arm, Spike gets the shanshu, Gunn dies, and Illyria turns back into Fred, or something like that. I don't remember all of it exactly.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 kalik said…
Hmmm I couldn't really think of a better way for a series to end... really, I hated the cliffhanger at the start, but I started to really respect it cause it actually made you think about what would happen next. I like that. It doesn't have the cliché happy ending like any other serie or movie would, and I like it that way <3 NFA rules :) Angel forever! ~<3
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
really, i thought it was quite clique not particularly original
一年多以前 kalik said…
I dunno, I just really liked it, as I said, not from the start, but because it makes you think I started to like it :3
一年多以前 Joker said…
I absolutely love the episode, I was just gutted that it had to end. The only thing that disappointed me was that Spike didn't get much of a good scrap, would've liked to have seen him in more of a tussle. That aside though the ep is beyond cool, Angels' fight with Hamilton is brilliant - even when Conner turns up, Wesleys death is done superbly and is probably the most touching moment on Angel (along with IWRY) and all the dialogue in the alley is brilliant

"You're supposed to wear that red stuff on the inside Charlie boy..."

I just love that whole moment; their reaction to hearing of Wesleys death, the fact that Gunn is almost dead and the way they all wanna go out fighting. When it first ended I couldn't believe it had done so like that but now I love it coz in my head I know what happens...

...Buffy & Faith turn up with a boat-load of slayers & Willow and together they all proceed to kick ass. Conner would probably have followed Angel to the alley as well.

That's my version anyways. I have read somewhere also that Gunn was always going to be turned eventually and he'd be one of the bad guys in S6...gotta say that would've been cool.

I still hold out some lingering hope for more Angel and I'd love them to do an Angel/Buffy movie but the more time that goes by the less likely it seems.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
you should read the comics joker i've only read a couple but their really good i am currently waiting for the next one in the mail

and i like your version, sounds like a kick ass fight :D
although can we can we kill some more characters lol
一年多以前 kalik said…
*agrees with Joker* You couldn't have said it better my friend :) Oh and also, I like your version of the story, maybe you should try and mace a fanfic about or something |D Also Im kind of working on my own story, but then for a comic me and my friend are working on it, maybe I'll post/link some of it when we got more pages done...

Anyway Debs! Im so jealous, I wish I could get those comics ;3; But I still have to save up some money so I can actually buy them... darn shipping expenses @___@ Lookin forward to buy nd read After the Fall :) <3
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
i think i can get them for about £8 which is a couple of hours at the chippy for me :)

i would love to see some of your fanfic you should definatley post a link to it
一年多以前 NikaDawson said…
I know they had a plan for doing a Spike movie after Angel ended, but James Marsters said he would only do it if it was produced sometimes in the five years after Angel ended.

But it's unlikely now as that five years is up, and there isn't much talk about it anymore now.
一年多以前 Caitlynn150 said…
Yeah, it was a good episode (apart from Wesley dying) but i think they should have done something more definte withbthe ending. I liked Angel's comment about the dragon. :-)
·5个月前 LowriLorenza89 said…
It really irritated me when I first watched. I generally don't like open endings and not knowing what happens to the characters, and I'd previously assumed that we would see Angel becoming human at the end of the series. I also kind of interpreted the ending as "everyone dies but we don't want to show it".

But it's grown on me since. I think it works with the whole ethos of the series and fighting because it's the right thing to do, not because you expect to win or expect some reward from it.